Your new venture
We are pleased to be exclusively partnering with a highly regarded financial services company based in Newry, to recruit a Personal Assistant for one of their Directors. This role will suit a highly organised, methodical and detail orientated person, who has prior experience acting as a Personal assistant, ideally within a professional services role or environment.
Standard work hours are Monday to Friday 9-5 pm however the role offers flexibility in both normal working hours and may also be available on a part-time basis for an accomplished PA. Due to the high degree of autonomy and the ability to perform part of the role from home, it is likely to suit an energetic, proactive PA who is professionally presentable and who offers fantastic client care skills.
What will I be responsible for?
Your remit will be varied and you will primarily take responsibility for one of the Directors’ main workloads. You may also be required to take on additional responsibilities as is reasonably requested of you from time to time.
Some of your main PA responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the first point of contact for the firm: dealing with correspondence and client phone calls. Occasionally meeting with clients, after they consult with the Director, to collate and gather further documentation or information. A professional presentation and manner are essential.
- Managing the Director’s diary effectively; controlling access, organising meetings and appointments at appropriate times and ensuring clients are notified in advance or the Director is notified of changes. Prior experience is essential.
- Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation (infrequent). Desirable.
- Organising attendance at events and conferences for professional development courses. Desirable.
- Reminding the manager/executive of important tasks and deadlines.
- Typing, compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence. Strong accurate typing skills are essential.
- Managing databases and filing systems.
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems.
- Liaising with staff, Directors and clients in a professional, courteous and friendly manner.
- Collating and filing financial information including expenses/receipts.
- Conducting research on behalf of the Director.
- Organising the manager’s personal commitments on occasion.
How do I apply?
If you have a background in PA work within a professional/legal or financial services environment, and you believe you meet the above criteria, please forward an up to date, Word format CV to our Principal Consultant, Fionntán Gamble, firstname.lastname@example.org who will be in touch with feedback or further information. Please do not apply if you do not have any prior PA experience as you will not be considered or receive feedback on your application.