Your new company
We are working with a global financial and professional service company who are looking for an experienced legal associate to join the legal team based in their Belfast office. The role involves working closely with London and other regional offices to assist and support lawyers in delivering legal services across their client network.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious individual with a passion for client service. Our client has experienced significant growth in both their private and public sector practices, largely due to their ability to harness new technology to deliver legal services, better and faster. This is the ideal environment for a legal associate who wants to be part of the future of legal services, learn new skillsets and solve real business problems.
What you will do?
Your role as a legal associate/paralegal will vary depending on the projects you are supporting and the clients you are working with, but will generally include:
- Supporting Lawyers in their day-to-day duties
- Undertaking administrative tasks
- Engaging with technology to ensure successful project outcomes
- Support Client onboarding processes
- Gathering/collation of financial information
- Performing compliance checks on client documentation
- Document collation, evidencing paper trail of transactions
- Research – collating and preparing reports
- Data input of key information into spreadsheets and or proprietary systems
- Contract and documentation review – identify key facts, anomalies, and escalate issues to seniors.
What will make you stand out?
This role will ideally suit a legal professional from a commercial firm, paralegal with experience in banking, financial services or legal graduate with experience performing AML/conflict checking/ document review and contract data management tasks.
In addition, we are looking for a legal associate who can demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills and a positive “can do” attitude – ability to achieve goals through teamwork, direct and indirect influence and collaboration;
- Good technical legal skills;
- A keen ability to learn in a fast moving, innovative and technology enabled environment and a desire to be part of the movement to modernise the in-house delivery of legal services and advance the New Law Services practice.
- Demonstrable experience in a Paralegal role
- Financial Services experience highly advantageous
How to apply?
If you have the relevant experience required above, please forward your CV to our principal consultant Fionntán Gamble who will contact you with further information immediately. Please note, if you do not have any relevant legal office based experience or have qualified with a law degree, you will not be considered eligible by our client and may not receive a response.