Finance & regulatory Lawyer
£35,000-£45,000 (negotiable) plus in house benefits
Your new company
Do you want to join one of the world’s leading professional services companies? This diverse organisation is seeking to recruit a talented finance & regulatory lawyer. You will have the opportunity to join a growing internal legal department who have become a highly regarded team of experts within their global network. This director led team have the best legal technology at their disposable, which helps clients to develop more efficient ways of working and optimising their technology led solutions.
This role will suit you if you thrive in a fast-paced environment; are always looking at ways to improve the quality of you and your teams’ work flow; if you can coach others within a managed legal services environment or if you have served as an in house counsel before. Together with a strong financial package, there is real opportunity to carve out a long career with clear progression into senior management levels available here.
Your day and daily?
This multi-disciplinary team are growing and need another exceptional lawyer to join them. You will work closely with international colleagues and may on occasion be required to travel to the London office for training or to support a client project.
Specifically, the role includes:
- Drafting, negotiating, reviewing and assessing a wide range of financial services legal documents including general corporate banking, leveraged and acquisition finance, structured finance, derivatives documentation and key fund documentation and related material contracts;
- Advising on Financial Services regulatory matters including IBOR Transition, MiFID II, Dodd-Frank, EMIR and other regulatory requirements as applicable to banks, insurers, funds and asset managers;
- Supporting clients in the negotiation and execution of a range of transactions and developing contract negotiation playbooks for clients;
- Supporting clients to leverage technology enabled workflows to support contract preparation, negotiation and execution; and
- Business development, including over time building a network of referrers within PwC as well as developing direct client relationships.
- Qualified solicitor in England & Wales or equivalent common law jurisdiction
- Experience of advising on Banking and Finance, Funds and broad Financial Services matters and leading teams providing advice in this sector;
- Strong knowledge of the financial services regulatory space as it impacts on banks, insurers, funds and asset managers;
What should I do right now?
Send your CV to our Principal Consultant Fionntán Gamble who will contact you to discuss further. If you are unsure if you are the right fit for this role, please feel free to call us for a confidential discussion anyway, as we will be glad to advise you of more suitable roles. Check out our website for other roles that may suit you if this one doesn’t fit right now.