Commercial Account Handler
Newry / Banbridge
£negotiable DOE Plus Bonus/Commission
Your new employer?
Our client is an ambitious and growing major brokerage firm who are looking to attract talented and experienced Commercial account handlers for their next stage of growth.
In the new role you will assume responsibility for part of their commercial client book and drive new business across broad SME and commercial classes of insurance. Whilst it is based in Newry and Bambridge area, there is remote working and flexible work arrangements available also.
Our client are looking for people to provide the highest standards of customer care for both new and existing clients. If you consider yourself to have an entrepreneurial flair for generating new business and achieving your business goals, then we will want to hear from you.
Ideally you will be an account handler with previous experience in a broking environment, have achieved or are on the way to achieving Cert II and have experience with Open GI. If you are energetic, enthusiastic about developing your career and want to work in a truly supportive environment where the door to senior management is always open, then this will be the role for you.
What will I be responsible for?
You will provide a complete professional service to new prospects, existing clients and your account executives in respect of commercial quotations, adjustments, renewals and claims.
Your standard work duties include:
- Negotiating with underwriters to find the best price
- Advising clients on risk management/mitigation
- Working to deadlines for renewals and NB
- Ensure efficiency and streamlined workflows where possible in your process
- Support junior staff by providing expertise on negotiating skills, technical and underwriting knowledge development
To fit within our client’s work culture and be able to demonstrate you have similar work ethics and ethos, you will likely be able to prove the following:
- Minimum of 3 years’ commercial insurance experience
- Experience within a broking environment
- Working knowledge of Open GI
- Professional qualification – CII or working towards professional qualifications
- Being able to demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of the regulatory and compliance framework in which you operate in, is essential.
How do I apply?
Send your most up to date and MS WORD formatted CV to our Principal Consultant Fionntán Gamble, who will be in touch with you to provide further information on receipt. Please note our client is currently shortlisting therefore if you do not have a ready made CV, get in touch by calling 07982 608 069 initially to register our interest.